Recipe submitted by: The Clever Cook
With spring just around the corner, there will be a plentiful amount of zucchini at local farmer's markets. Here is a great recipe to use them up.
Yields 24 muffins
- 2 cups cooked dates and 1 cup raisins in 2 cups water
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 Tsp cinnamon true sweet powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk (non GMO)
- Place pitted dates and raisins in a saucepan with water cook for 5-10 minutes till water is absorbed. Turn off heat and set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl beat whole eggs and coconut sugar for 2 minutes till well blended.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave for 30 seconds until it reaches liquid state.
- Add coconut oil to mixture.
- Add rolled oat flakes, almond flour , cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and baking soda to mixture.
- Add date raisin mixture from saucepan to batter and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped walnuts, shredded zucchini and coconut milk to batter and stir well.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
You could substitute the dates for dried figs in this recipe.