Looking for a tasty vegetarian dish to add to your repetoire. This is one that is sure to please everyone at the table.
Yield 12 pieces
- 3 eggplants
- 2 cups sliced organic mushroom caps
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 cooking onions sliced thin
- 1 sweet potato cut to strips
- ¼ cup sun dried diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp chalice spice organic chef's seasoning
- ½ pound Mozzarella sliced thin
- ½ lb Smoked mozzarella sliced thin
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups purée tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Slice eggplant into thin slices and place in a bowl.
- Beat eggs and pour over eggplant tossing eggplant in egg until coated.
- Sauté sliced mushrooms, sliced onions, chopped garlic, sweet potato strips, diced sun dried tomatoes, chalice spice organic chefs seasoning and olive oil.
- Sauté vegetables for 3-5 minutes till tender.
- Begin to assemble.
- Place 3 tbsp of tomato purée on bottom of baking dish.
- Layer eggplant evenly on top of tomato sauce.
- Place mozzarella cheese on top of each eggplant slice then spread ½ the sauté vegetable mixture as a layer.
- Layer again eggplant, tomato sauce, cheese and sautéed vegetables. Last layer eggplant, tomato sauce and cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
Are you looking for ways to get your kids to eat more vegetables? This is a great hand-on recipe that they can help prepare and assemble. Getting them involved will get greater buy in and enjoyment.