Recipe submitted by: The Clever Cook
Packed with flavour, protein and nutrients, this entée is great for entertaining and will be loved by kids and adults alike. You can easily substitute the chicken for turkey if you wish.
Yield 28 3-4oz servings
- 2 lbs ground chicken (or turkey)
- 2 eggs
- 1 carrot
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 4 cooking onions
- 1 zucchini
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp chalice spice organic Himalayan pink salt and organic peppercorn blend
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cups of dry quinoa
- Place the following in a food processor: carrot, zucchini, cilantro, cooking onions, red onion, garlic cloves and chalice spice Himalayan salt pepper
- Run food processor till all vegetables are puréed
- In a large separate bowl add ground chicken/turkey with eggs and mix well
- Add puréed vegetables to ground chicken/turkey and mix well.
- Stir in dry quinoa into mixture.
- Use a nonstick pan. Heat the pan. Add olive oil to nonstick pan.
- Scoop meat to form a patty. Place on nonstick pan and brown each side of patty (approximately 3 minutes on each side)
- Transfer browned patties to baking sheet and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes at 350 till patties are fully cooked
Add a splash of hot sauce to some mayo when serving to give these patties a kick. The size of these patties make them a great lunch options for kids.