Recipes | Chalice Spice
Recipe | Zucchini Blossoms Fritters
We love when Zucchini flowers are in bloom. What does that mean? Time to make Zucchini blossom fritters. We plant zucchini just for the blossoms. So easy to make but make sure to eat then right away or they will be gone!
- For the Batter:
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of Chalice Spice Chef’s Seasoning
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 extra large egg – lightly beaten
- For the fritters:
- 24 medium zucchini flowers
- vegetable oil for pan frying
- For the batter – Place the flour, sea salt and Chalice Spice Chef’s Seasoning in a large bowl and whisk until blended. Add the Club Soda and whisk until smooth. Let sit for a few mins and then add the large egg and whisk again until all ingredients are well blended.
- Make a small tear in each flower to remove the stamen and inspect the flowers to ensure there are no bugs.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add enough oil to come 1/4″ up the sides of the pan.
- When the oil is hot, quickly dip each flower in the batter and let the excess batter drain in the bowl. Add it to the pan and Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden on each side.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
For the batter, you can substitute a light beer for the club soda but make sure it is a light beer or it will over power the taste of the zucchini blossom fritters.
27 September, 2020