Matcha is known for its high anti-oxidant level, with every sip of matcha it delivers a mega dose of anti-oxidants to you. It is also known to help assist with weight loss due to its ability to boost metabolism and help burn fat. Matcha is a natural detoxifier and a rich source of vitamins including Vitamin C, Chromium, Selenium, Magnesium and Zinc.
Premium Matcha from Nishio Region in Japan
Traditional Matcha Recipe - Using a bamboo whisk and tea bowl
1. Sift 1-2 tsp matcha into a cup using a small sifter.
2. Add 2oz hot water. For best results use water just under a boil.
3. Whisk vigorously in a zig zag motion until the tea is frothy.
Enjoy your matcha tea straight from the bowl.
How to make Matcha Latte
1. Spoon 1tsp of matcha green tea powder and 2 tsp sugar (optional) into a mug or cup.
2. Add 3TBSP of warm water and mix with a spoon or with a whisk until it is a smooth dark green paste to ensure no lumps form.
3. Warm 1 cup of milk in a small saucepan and pour into the mug until nearly full. Use cold milk for an iced latte.
4. Use a whisk to mix the paste and milk together until smooth and light green in colour.
Tip: If you so wish, you can add a few sprinkles of matcha green tea powder on the top for decoration. Or add ice for an extra cold iced latte.